Monday, September 12, 2016

Stan Wawrinka Wows Djokovic To Win the US Open


Switzerlan's Stanislas Wawrinka, seeded third, won 6-7 (1-7) 6-4 7-5 6-3 to add the US title to his 2014 Australia Open title and his French Open triumph last year. The 31-year-old hit 46 winners in a brilliant display of shot-making.

Serbia's Djokovic made a strong start but struggled physically as the final entered a fourth hour in New York.  Wawrinka has now won all three Grand Slam finals he has played and his last 11 finals in a row, and has become the oldest male winner of the US Open since 35-year-old Ken Rosewall in 1970.

According to Wawrinka "My goal is to give everything I have to be the best I can,"

"I never had a goal to win a Grand Slam but I am trying as best I can. Match after match I was playing better."

Congrats to him

Source: BBC
Explore More Stories


No comments:

Post a Comment