Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Andy Murray Defeats Gregor Dimitrov!

World No. 2 Andy Murray secured a quarter-final berth at Flushing Meadows with a dominant 6-1 6-2 6-2 victoy against Grigor Dimitrov to remain on track to challenge for the fourth Grand Slam title of his career.

Murray, the 2012 champion, was back in black and in red-hot form on Arthur Ashe Stadium as he crushed winners from all angles.      

"It was definitely up there," said Murray, who struck the ball with tremendous accuracy throughout the contest. "I played very well today with very few unforced errors and made it very tough for Grigor. And I served very well when I was behind in the games. Got a lot of free points with my serve and that was important."

He even was credited with one serve at 141 mph, which he said would be the first of his career that topped 140.

"That would be the fastest serve I've hit, the other best serve was here at the US Open around 138 but I have never hit over 140. I think that was lucky, I only did it once." "It's an unbelievable court to play on. Great conditions to play on."      

Murray has been in remarkable form after triumphs at Wimbledon and the Rio Olympics and is now eyeing a fourth straight major final appearance in the same season and will face Kei Nishikori in the last eight as he continues his quest for a second US Open crown.




Source: Eurosport

No comments:

Post a Comment